Sunday, 19 October 2014

Heroes and Villains

Ever since I was a young, I've grown up with Aston Villa being the club to support in my house. I've seen the highest of highs and the lowest of lows during my time supporting them and we are currently plateauing out to be a mid table table club. We are just starting to show signs of life after experiencing a very poor run of form in the previous three Premier League seasons where consistency was hard to come by and results were very few and far between but when we did get a result we found it very hard to carry on that form into the next games. It was in march last season where on the 15th we played Chelsea at home and played out the game well and just about scraped a well fought 1-0 win through a piece of Delph magic but just eight days later on the 23rd we played Stoke at home and managed to get dominated 1-4. It was times like this when I started to become very "Lambert Out" and heavily criticized his tactics and his team choices.

However, he did assure us that it was a "long-term plan" and to be fair to him his is starting to deliver on his word. I was seriously skeptical on some of his transfer choices for example Jordan Bowery and Joe Bennett who were very poor when they played and seriously short of the mark in terms of Premier League quality. But he has restored some of my faith in his transfer decisions with two major success stories in the forms of Ashley Westwood and Ron Vlaar who have both settled superbly well into the Premier League since their arrival, especially Westwood who made the transition from Crewe Alexandra captain to consistent Premier League midfielder. All in all I would say the future is looking good for Villa as Lambert's "Master Plan" is falling into place and the squad is starting to gel together, I can see us challenging for the Europa League places again in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment