Lee Clark's passion is something which shouldn't be questioned. Animated on the touchline, doesn't like loosing and I will never forget his fist pumping celebration as he galloped down the touchline after a last second Paul Caddis equalizer to keep us in the Championship for another year. Clark's heart was always in the right place and I wish him nothing but success in his next job but passion doesn't win football matches. Even with his admittedly miniscule resources, Lee Clark's responsibility as manager is to win matches and it wasn't happening. I am a season ticket holder and yet in this whole calendar year I am yet to see a single victory because the only game we won (Brighton) also happens to be the only home game I have missed. Results were hard to come by, Points were thrown away on regular occasion and Clark seemed to have run out of ideas.
(Lee Clark, Right, Pictured celebrating at Bolton along side Colin Doyle and Callum Reilly)
Its time we moved forward and looked for a new manager. Looking at the favourites for the job, Garry Rowett is currently top of the list. In recent matches Rowett's Burton Albion have hit poor form and lost four of their last six games. However, they are still sitting pretty in third position in League Two and Rowett did very well last year taking them to the play offs. He is also a former blue and knows what the club is all about. Although it feels very unrealistic, the prospect of Chris Houghton returning is enough to make any blues fan reminisce about the valiant effort in Europe. Just seeing his name amongst the favourites for the job fills me with excitement. I believe that how good or bad Lee Clark is as a manager will be revealed at the end of this season. Seeing what another manager can do with this squad will really show us the players ability and if Clark improved or weakened them.
Things had to change, decisions had to be made and for once I am confident that Birmingham City Football Club have made the right one.
No comments:
Post a Comment