Sunday, 19 October 2014

Birmingham City's players have not been good enough

Maybe it isn’t Clark's fault. Lets face it; the players just aren't performing as well as they should be. Excluding David Cotterill, David Edgar and Darren Randolph, none of the experienced players are playing to the standard which I expect of them. Young players who have been given the chance to perform like Demarai Gray (18) have been excellent but the experienced heads have not performed.

Paul Robinson, captain and last year one of our best players now looks a shadow of the man he was last season. Now completely out of pace, error prone and aged 35, I am begging to question what he now has to offer. Paul Caddis, the saviour from relegation has simply not been good enough at right back and against Bolton lead to him leaving Darren Randolph with no option but to bring the player down for a penalty. Clayton Donaldson does not offer enough upfront especially considering he is 6'1 and I am yet to see him win a header. The Players are not playing and I don't think that Lee Clark can take all the blame for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment